Tonight is the monthly Buckman Community Association general meeting. This will be a special meeting, as we’ll be turning over the bulk of the agenda to the Buckman Historic Designation Committee to talk about their effort to establish a National Register Historic District in the oldest part of Buckman.
We encourage to join us and learn more about just what it means to own property in a historic district. Speakers will include:
- Ian Johnson, State Historic Preservation Office
- Dave Skilton, Bureau of Development Services
- Liza Mickle, Bureau of Planning
- Art deMuro, Venerable Properties
- Stephen Zylstra, Ladd’s Addition resident
- Cathy Galbraith, from the Architectural Heritage Center/Bosco-Milligan Foundation, will say a few brief words
There will be time for questions from the audience.
The meeting with take place from 7-9pm at Central Catholic High School, located at 2401 SE Stark St. We normally meet in the library at Central Catholic, but due to the size of the planned event, we will be meeting in the cafeteria.
The BCA Board will meet prior to the main meeting, in the main floor conference room at 6pm.