The ABC’s of Land Use
Sponsored by the Office of Neighborhood Involvement, The Bureau of Development Services and SE Uplift
Saturday, January 28th
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
SE Uplift Neighborhood Coalition
3534 SE Main Street
Portland, OR 97214
Learn the basics of how the City of Portland’s land use and development review process works. Get hands-on experience with a land use review case study, including review of a development proposal and site plan, identification of relevant issues and effective ways to respond to the approval criteria.
Introduction by Leah Dawkins, SE Uplift Neighborhood Coalition. Presented by Barry Manning, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, and Paul Leistner, Office of Neighborhood Involvement.
Refreshments will be provided. The workshop is free, but pre-registration is required. Space is limited to 40 participants. REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
Who should attend:
- Neighborhood and Business Association land use activists
- Anyone thinking about getting more active with their Association’s land use committees
- Anyone interested in general city-related land use decision-making processes
What you will learn:
- What does it mean to be a neighborhood land use chairperson?
- Overview of the State, Metro and City land use planning framework
- The Planning Bureau’s Distric Liason Program
- The Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Code
- How to access and read Zoning Maps
- What is a Land Use Review and how it differs from a building permit
- Comparison of the Land Use Review Processes: Type I, II, IIx, and III
- How to read and respond to a Land Use Review Notice
- Perspectives of an experienced Neighborhood Representative
- The Appeal process
To register online, you need to have a PortlandOnline account. If you do not, you will be prompted to set up an account. Enter your contact information and select this workshop to register. Space is limited to the first 40 people who register.
For more information or help registering, please contact: Leah Dawkins at 503.232.0010 ext. 314 or email@example.com
Transportation and Directions:
Directions: SE Uplift is located at 3534 SE Main Street, two blocks norht of Hawthorne Blvd, and three blocks west of SE Cesar Chavez Blvd.
Auto: Parking is available in the lot located on SE 35th and Madison, behind SE Uplift.
Buses: SE Uplift is accessible by Tri-Met Bus Lines 14, 15 and 75. For schedules, call Tri-Met at 503.238.7433 or visit the Trip Planner online at http://www.trimet.org.
To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and will provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503.823.5284, TTY 503.823.6868 with such requests. Call 7 days advance to request assistance for any accessibility accommodation and/or language interpretation. Limited number of child care vouchers available. Workshop location is wheelchair accessible.
SE Uplift Neighborhood Coalition, City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement and City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability.